Reports to: Operations Supervisor - Folding Employment Status: Non-Exempt
Set up and operate various flexographic and short-run offset printing machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all safety procedures, including running machines only when guards are in place, wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, report all near misses and incidents immediately.
- Enter commands, instruction, or specifications into equipment, adjust controls to regulate flow of production materials or products ensuring quality products are produced. Check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.
- Maintain production equipment and lubricate as necessary.
- Direct operational or production activities for the production run.
- Download data and record operational or production data. Maintain time or production records, enter information utilizing computers.
- Evaluate quality of materials or products. Verify paper & ink meet job specifications.
- Mount, load or feed materials or products into or through equipment.
- Inspected printed materials or other images to verify quality.
- Install mechanical components in production equipment.
- Load materials into production equipment.
- Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning.
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Change press plates, anilox rolls, doctor head blades etc.
- Obtain or mix inks and fill ink fountains.
- Capable of controlling the equipment and processes.
- Move in tight areas, sometimes in awkward positions.
- Decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Communicate with Supervisors and Peers
- Handle heavy obtains
- Ensure quality assurance
- Read, write, and communicate information.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication) with whole numbers and fractions.
- Ability to read and understand measurements
Education and ExperienceHigh school or technical school training.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Employee will be moving for the length of the shift, walk, stand, lift continuously. Must have finger and hand dexterity. May reach, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, and reach at odd angles.
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
Occasionally moves/lifts up to 40 pounds; moves items over 100 pounds (with mechanical assistance).
Frequently moves up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception; Ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to see and distinguish between colors.
Typical manufacturing environment.
Proper PPE must be worn at all times.
The environment is subject to temperature changes with the seasons.
Interested candidates should contact:
Worcester Envelope Company
Worcester Envelope Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.