Do you have an idea for a business that you want to launch or explore more deeply? Have you always dreamed of becoming an entrepreneur, but were never sure just where to start? This course will help you to take the necessary steps to becoming an independent business owner, while gaining confidence in yourself and your knowledge of small business management.
In this 10-week business planning course, you will:
- Explore and assess the market and financial viability of your business concept
- Learn how to market yourself and your business to target customers
- Explore options for funding the costs of operating your business
- Actively participate in class time and in one-on-one consulting sessions
- Build a network of fellow entrepreneurs that can support you in launching and growing your new enterprise.
In addition to the online classes, one-to-one counseling will be provided upon request. A Liveplan account will be assigned for students enrolled, free of charge.
At the end of this program, you will leave with a completed business plan to guide you in the launch and growth of your new company.
This course does not require any previous experience or education in business management. However, access to a computer and a Zoom account are necessary and knowledge of MS Word and Excel is strongly recommended.
Dates: Wednesdays from October 20th until January 12th, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM. (Class will not be held the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year).
Fee: $450*. Partial Scholarships are available for those that qualify. Fill out the application here, and submit to our Program Manager, Sam Carr, at firstname.lastname@example.org.