Behavioral Health Technician
This position is an entry-level position designed for individuals interested in a career in human service, special education, and/or applied behavior analysis.
- Ensure all students’ safety and implement all safety procedures
- Demonstrate principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Active and regular participation at all team meetings.
- Assist with residential duties/chores including laundry, cleaning, dishes, cooking, etc. in conjunction with students’ ADLs and to ensure general maintenance of residential homes
- Schedule includes evening hours and Overnights
- The schedule includes a 3-5 day, 40-hour workweek.
- Remain at the house during the overnight hours, may sleep during designated “sleep hours”. The total number of these hours varies depending on the schedule selected and the needs of the individual team.
- Candidates who have completed an associate’s degree given preference.
- Minimum of high school degree and one-year related experience in a caregiving or educational environment; hospital, school, daycare, special education or autism is preferred.
- Strong interest in working with special needs populations, particularly autism.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Ability to pursue a bolting student
- Successful completion of CALM training (non-violent self-defense)
- Including but not limited to: pivoting, knee squats, shuffling front and backwards, carrying people, assisting a person to the floor, stabilizing people in standing, seated, prone and supine positions.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team style environment.
- Applicants must be seeking a full-time position with the flexibility to work evenings, overnights, and weekends.
- Applicants must be physically, mentally, and emotionally prepared for a challenging career experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Comprehensive training and professional development
- Tuition and childcare reimbursement
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Referral bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance programs
- Up to $10,000 in bonuses for those who qualify based on start date!
- and so much more!