Restoration Technician• FULL TIME • WORCESTER, SHREWSBURY & WESTBOROUGH
Do you enjoy cleaning, demolition and working with your hands? Do you love helping people through difficult situations?
Then don’t miss your chance to join our franchise as a Restoration Technician. Our Franchise is seeking someone who is comfortable working hard in challenging situations, has excellent communication skills, and is a serious multi-tasker. In this position, you will work in customers' homes and businesses to restore them after fire or water damage have caused damage. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you’ll thrive in this work environment.
As a valued SERVPRO® Franchise employee, you will receive a competitive pay rate, with opportunity to learn and grow.
In this position you will be responding to assigned service calls following SERVPRO® production guidelines. On a daily basis you will be communicating with the Restoration Supervisor making sure all customer needs are met. Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse, vehicles, equipment, and office areas will be part of your daily routine as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for inventory and loading the work vehicle with equipment, products, and supplies needed for each project.
- Maintain a clean and organized vehicle and clean equipment appearance.
- Prepare and set up staging equipment for all work activities on each project
- Ensure clear two-way communication with supervisor and other technicians (especially regarding customer needs and concerns)
- Perform end-of-day/end-of-job cleanup and breakdown to leave job site with a clean and orderly appearance
- Understand, follow and perform safety and risk management guidelines along with productions processes
- Strong verbal communication skills
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to travel locally and out of state as necessary
- IICRC certifications preferred
- Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred
- Ability to regularly lift 50 pounds and ability to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Exposure to chemicals
- Walking and standing for long periods of time, driving, sitting, climbing
- Ability to climb ladders and work at ceiling heights
- Ability to work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces under buildings)
- Repetitive pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying objects
- Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law