Fork Lift Operator - $2,000 Sign On Bonus - Starting Pay $17.10 - More with Experience
Drives stand up model battery powered fork lift truck equipped with lifting devices such as order picker, forklift, elevating platform, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials. Unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or carts either manually or using pallet jack, order pickers or forklifts. Puts away product or selects product in bulk area.
*Position qualifies for a $2000 sign on/retention bonus.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing all of the duties successfully include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive forklift/cherry picker/order picker
- Pick refill and put-away receiving
- Perform detailed checks against documents
- Uses RF Scanner
- Notifies supervisor of equipment malfunction
- Pallet configuration
- General bulk area maintenance
- Meets productivity and accuracy standard
- Cleans work area.
- Possible floater to other Imperial departments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills – requiring able to use a log in and password and follow simple instructions.
- Previous experience helpful, one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to be on a order picker/cherry picker which is off the ground 35+feet. Must not be a afraid of heights.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is exposed to hot/cold weather/air depending upon the season. Employee is occasionally exposed to fumes. As the doors to the docks are opened and closed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.