Retail Sales Merchandiser
Like working in the retail or grocery industry but don’t love working every weekend? Join the Imperial Retail Sales Merchandising Team and do what you enjoy without working every weekend! There may be an occasional weekend but that's not the standard.
Ideal candidates are self-starters with a keen eye for detail. They possess good people skills, are passionate about the work they do and are driven to succeed. If you enjoy working independently, fostering relationships with people, are goal oriented, all about customer service excellence, enjoy a physical/fast work environment, have excellent problem solving skills, and enjoy a daytime work schedule then this is the job for you.
TRAVEL- Driving Required
The goal for the SSR/Merchandiser is to assist the supermarket customers to achieve profitable sales by stocking and maintaining in-line categories and sections and promotional and seasonal displays. The SSR/Merchandiser also helps to maintain Imperial’s presence with its customers by building relationships with the store personnel. The individual in this position will be responsible for computing sales orders, pack out merchandise, maintaining inventory levels for in-line and display merchandise and resolve basic in-store issues for an assigned store or group of stores.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Make regularly scheduled store visits
- Ensure inline General Merchandise categories are well stocked and maintained
- Place/Maintain displays (set up promotional and sales displays, introduction and cut-in of new items)
- Complete resets
- Build relationship with store managers and employees
- Stock merchandise
- Maintain shelf conditions by keeping sections blocked and free of debris
- Tag/price compliance
- Reorder products that you service
- Maintain inventory levels for inline sections, power panels, clip strips, and cross merchandise
- Prepare and complete weekly service reports for timely submission via tablet
- Manage back stock ensuring product is worked to shelf
- Ensure planogram compliance at shelf
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic computer skills – requiring able to use a log in and password and follow simple instructions.
- Previous supermarket and/or retail route sales and/or service experience a plus.
- Knowledge of product and/or experience with merchandising general merchandise or health and beauty care products preferred.
- Ability to read and write short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Your Own/Reliable Transportation
- Pre-Employment Criminal Background Clearance and Drug Screening.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly handle items weighing up to 2 pounds lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.